Introduction to Shieldpay
Our mission today and every day is to create trusted payment experiences that customers love and a company that people love to work for.
Formed in 2016 with the original concept of a democratised escrow solution, our core payments platform can service clients and customers all over the globe, pioneering the development of contingent payments for every and any need.
We take care of customer due diligence, payments and transaction management through an easy-to-use platform with a team of experts on hand to assist. Shieldpay's award-winning digital platform and expertise combine to improve the experience of all stakeholders in a transaction.
The Business Development Manager will be a key member of the sales team, responsible for developing prospects into qualified sales opportunities, taking a consultative approach to understand a prospects’ business, industry and needs, and providing expert overview of Shieldpay’s product, solutions and capabilities.
You will work collaboratively with the marketing team to engage marketing qualified leads, as well as being responsible for driving outbound sales initiatives to develop new business opportunities across our key target audiences and sectors. You will find opportunities through a diverse set of skills and tactics, including email outreach, social engagement, conferences and events, networking and referrals.
We are looking for a switched-on, energetic hunter to seek out new business opportunities that has deep experience in enterprise sales. We have a wealth of untapped potential in the Litigation sector, as well as across different verticals and industries that we need a commercially savvy and curious Business Development Manager – Enterprise Sales to help us analyse, approach and open early opportunities.
What you’ll be doing
- Proactively research and understand the payments, fintech, regulatory and economic landscape in the context of the verticals and markets you are focusing on to build knowledge and find opportunities to introduce Shieldpay to prospective customers
- Responsible for generating new business leads through outreach and networking, always maintaining an ethical, honest, and regulatory-focused approach
- Represent Shieldpay at external events, conferences, and awards shows, as well as hosting our own networking opportunities such as round table events to build awareness
- Showcasing how Shieldpay can make a real difference to prospective customers and able to passionately articulate the Shieldpay value proposition and relevant solutions
- Responsible for nurturing prospects by gathering initial requirements and working with marketing, product, implementation, and the wider sales team to move opportunities through the sales funnel in the shortest time and in the most efficient way
- Maintain the internal contact database and pipeline report to ensure all essential activities are logged and internal stakeholders are regularly updated
- Ability to over-deliver on targets
What are we looking for in you
- Proven track record in driving business development for enterprise sales, individually motivated and with an entrepreneurial spirit to meeting and exceeding targets
- (Preferred, not essential) experience selling to the litigation and/or legal sector
- Experience engaging with all levels of seniority when selling or negotiating
- Ability to learn new technologies alongside a deep understanding of customer needs and pain points to be able to match products and solutions to requirements
- Expert at developing knowledge of industries, businesses and customer needs through a consultative approach to enterprise sales. Cold callers and order takers need not apply
- Commercial persona with a solutions-orientated “roll your sleeves up” approach
- Superior spoken, written, and visual communication and presentation skills
Shieldpay is an equal opportunities employer. For Shieldpay building a fair and transparent workforce begins with the recruitment process that does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.