Introduction to Shieldpay
Our mission today and every day is to create trusted payment experiences that customers love and a company that people love to work for.
Formed in 2016 with the original concept of a democratised escrow solution, our core payments platform can service clients and customers all over the globe, pioneering the development of contingent payments for every and any need.
We take care of customer due diligence, payments and transaction management through an easy-to-use platform with a team of experts on hand to assist. Shieldpay's award-winning digital platform and expertise combine to improve the experience of all stakeholders in a transaction.
Shieldpay is looking for an analytical, friendly individual with a continuous improvement mindset and excellent attention to detail to fulfill this role, in a fast-paced, demanding fintech business.
The role will report to the Customer Operations Lead and work closely with our customers and internal teams such as Account Management, Compliance, and Financial Crime Operations. Other key relationships include Transaction Operations and Sales.
The successful candidate will deliver the highest level of service for our customers, big and small, and create effective and efficient processes with cutting-edge technology to enable consistent and excellent experiences for all who engage with us.
What you’ll be doing
- Deliver a superb end-to-end operational experience for each and every one of our customers
- Be on point for day-to-day query management from our clients and internal stakeholders
- Help to build and evolve effective and efficient processes to support scalable Customer Operations
- Identify gaps or inefficiencies in processes and work with colleagues to make improvements – continually looking for ways to improve
- Deliver successful data capture for projects and payment instructions – attention to detail to ensure transactions are accurate and compliant
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies
- Maintain accurate records of customer interactions and escalate issues where required
- Handle complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits and follow up to ensure a resolution
- Contribute to the team workload by collaborating with other team members to ensure all processes are covered during staff absences
- Ensure we provide excellent customer service by responding to calls and emails in a prompt and efficient manner – ensuring all correspondence and/or calls from customers and partners are responded to within agreed timescales
What we’re looking for in you
- You must be passionate about great customer and user experience and thrive working as part of a fast-paced and highly collaborative team.
- Previous experience in Payments and Customer Operations and building business relationships
- Must have previous experience in a legal and/or payments industry and understand the customer experience
- You live and breathe amazing customer service
- You're an awesome communicator
- You enjoy investigating problems, getting to the root cause and working with others in order to fix them
- You have excellent attention to detail (We will be testing that!)
- You are driven to deliver the best in class and don’t settle for anything less
- Payments, Banking, and technology are a huge passion of yours
- You're friendly and super organised
- Your first thought is ‘Automation’ rather than a manual workaround
- You have an operational mind and will aim to make processes more efficient
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced, demanding environment
Shieldpay is an equal opportunities employer. For Shieldpay building a fair and transparent workforce begins with the recruitment process that does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.