Introduction to Shieldpay
Our mission today and every day is to create trusted payment experiences that customers love and a company that people love to work for.
Formed in 2016 with the original concept of a democratised escrow solution, our core payments platform can service clients and customers all over the globe, pioneering the development of contingent payments for every and any need.
We take care of customer due diligence, payments and transaction management through an easy-to-use platform with a team of experts on hand to assist. Shieldpay's award-winning digital platform and expertise combine to improve the experience of all stakeholders in a transaction.
We have a fantastic opportunity to join a new, multidisciplinary engineering team, primarily utilising React, Node, Typescript (for both), and a serverless event-driven architecture hosted on AWS. We have specialists with a focus on certain layers of the stack and architecture, but full-stack design and development is encouraged and supported in our open, highly collaborative culture.
What you’ll be doing
- Work with Product and senior members of the team to ensure requirements are clear, and that user stories are broken down sufficiently.
- Ensure APIs are designed and built to the highest quality and perform thorough code reviews.
- Assist with the overall design of distributed microservices, as well as the detailed design of the individual services themselves.
What we’re looking for in you
- Will have experience of having used Node.js within a commercial environment.
- Are passionate about TypeScript and keep up to date with the latest language features.
- Understand the differences between unit and integration tests, and have hands-on experience writing both in TypeScript.
- Have solid RESTful API design fundamentals.
- Have worked with at least one relational database and are familiar with non-relational databases.
- Are familiar with at least one of the big cloud providers, and have experience of - or are excited by - serverless technologies.
- Have solid experience across peripheral tooling, such as Git, Webpack, Babel, etc.
Shieldpay is an equal opportunities employer. For Shieldpay building a fair and transparent workforce begins with the recruitment process that does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.