Introduction to Shieldpay
Our mission today and every day is to create trusted payment experiences that customers love and a company that people love to work for.
Formed in 2016 with the original concept of a democratised escrow solution, our core payments platform can service clients and customers all over the globe, pioneering the development of contingent payments for every and any need.
We take care of customer due diligence, payments and transaction management through an easy-to-use platform with a team of experts on hand to assist. Shieldpay's award-winning digital platform and expertise combine to improve the experience of all stakeholders in a transaction.
What it’s like to work for Shieldpay
Our company is filled with ambitious, curious and entrepreneurial people with deep sector expertise. We hire and nurture inquisitive, creative minds looking to flourish in a supportive and collaborative environment. We don’t like old-fashioned corporate hierarchy. Instead, we like to empower our people to make a change and be autonomous in their role with all the support you need with the other teams around you.
We are seeking a talented Commercial Contracts Lawyer that can hit the ground running and assist us with exciting commercial work we have in the pipeline.
This role will form part of a close-knit legal team and will predominantly focus on supporting the business with the drafting and negotiating of commercial contracts.
What you’ll be doing
- Drafting a wide variety of commercial contracts to support different products and services.
- Providing accurate, timely and business focused advice on commercial matters.
- Working closely with the sales team to help build products.
- Assisting the company to move into new markets in countries with different laws and regulations
What we’re looking for in you
We are looking for someone with a proven track record within the legal space who can combine this with a strong commercial acumen:
- Qualified Lawyer with at least 5 years PQE who is enthusiastic and proactive.
- Solid commercial drafting experience and a good understanding of commercial contracts.
- Excellent communicator who is able to explain legal concepts in a clear manner to stakeholders.
- Detailed knowledge of local law within the United Kingdom.
- Previous experience within a commercially orientated role with contract negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Awareness of market forces, politics and economics and their relation to changing laws and regulations.