Introduction to Shieldpay
Our mission today and every day is to create trusted payment experiences that customers love and a company that people love to work for.
Formed in 2016 with the original concept of a democratised escrow solution, our core payments platform can service clients and customers all over the globe, pioneering the development of contingent payments for every and any need.
We take care of customer due diligence, payments and transaction management through an easy-to-use platform with a team of experts on hand to assist. Shieldpay's award-winning digital platform and expertise combine to improve the experience of all stakeholders in a transaction.
What it’s like to work for Shieldpay
Our company is filled with ambitious, curious and entrepreneurial people with deep sector expertise. We hire and nurture inquisitive, creative minds looking to flourish in a supportive and collaborative environment. We don’t like old-fashioned corporate hierarchy. Instead, we like to empower our people to make a change and be autonomous in their role with all the support you need with the other teams around you.
As Business Development Manager you will help execute business strategy and focus on market themes giving rise to potential Escrow payment opportunities. We are looking for a switched-on, energetic hunter to seek out new business opportunities. We have proven industry and use cases from our existing customer base but have a wealth of untapped potential across different industries, and markets that we need a commercially savvy and curious Business Development Manager to help us analyse, approach, and open early opportunities.
This role will be critical in providing continued focus and opportunities for the sales team who will grow new avenues once the market validation has been proven. This role will also have clear sales targets to quantify addressable markets for Shieldpay.
What you’ll be doing
- Manage all aspects of transactions from new deals through to closing, of both the deal and the transaction itself on the Shieldpay platform
- Negotiate contracts for onboarding, setting up, and managing the escrow clients and transactions
- Proactively marketing Shieldpay’s services, with a view to always generating new business and additional revenue but maintaining an ethical, honest and regulatory-focused approach
- Represent Shieldpay at external events, conferences and awards show, as well as host our own networking opportunities such as round table events to build awareness
- Thought leadership work through content creation and round table hosting
- Work closely with marketing, product, legal and compliance teams to drive new business and develop Shieldpay’s payments solution positioning within the market
What we’re looking for in you
- Proven track record in business development, having exceeded targets and provided commercially valuable and viable new opportunities to drive growth
- Commercial and entrepreneurial persona, able to identify new market and product opportunities and enhancements through organisation, discipline and motivation
- Solid experience in fintech and payments industry businesses, preferably within a start-up or scale-up stage business
- High level of prominence and gravitas, comfortable engaging with all levels of seniority when selling or negotiating
- Tenacious when it comes to finding and sourcing opportunities, with a solutions-orientated “roll your sleeves up” approach
- Ability to co-develop the Escrow strategy, identify new market and product opportunities and enhancements
- This is a self-starter role requiring organisation, discipline and motivation, and a very high level of prominence and gravitas
- Superior spoken, written and visual communication and presentation skills
Shieldpay is an equal opportunities employer. For Shieldpay building a fair and transparent workforce begins with the recruitment process that does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.