Introduction to Shieldpay
Our mission today and every day is to create trusted payment experiences that customers love and a company that people love to work for.
Formed in 2016 with the original concept of a democratised escrow solution, our core payments platform can service clients and customers all over the globe, pioneering the development of contingent payments for every and any need.
We take care of customer due diligence, payments and transaction management through an easy-to-use platform with a team of experts on hand to assist. Shieldpay's award-winning digital platform and expertise combine to improve the experience of all stakeholders in a transaction.
We are looking for a dynamic, high-energy, and ambitious business leader to take on the role of Head of Sales as we move our business out of the start-up phase to scale out globally.
This opportunity is ideal for someone who has the right mix of leadership, passion, energy, and experience to step into this exciting role and take Shieldpay to its next level and beyond. The ideal candidate is driven by sales, commercially savvy, has an entrepreneurial spirit and an innovative nature to create solutions for a wide range of challenges.
The ideal candidate will have been successful in a start-up company previously (or will have learned from previous failures) focused on the wants and needs of consumers in the financial services and ecommerce industries. The candidate must demonstrate a strong track record of building, launching and nurturing enterprise-level customer and partner relationships in financial services and technology in multiple markets.
As Head of Sales, you will work with the Managing Director to set the strategy on how to grow this part of the business, taking our products out to market via new customer segments, new partnerships, and new markets. You will build a winning team that will deliver on our ambitious sales and growth targets. Given the team is new, you will need to create the vision, hire the best talent, and ensure that we have right start to continue to grow this part of the business.
You will also create and lead teams to expand to markets outside the UK. Working with other key Shieldpay stakeholders, you will lead the efforts in new market expansions
What you’ll be doing
- Provide vision and leadership that speaks locally for a global approach
- Build and motivate a world-class Enterprise Sales team that is set up to win in line with SPG culture
- Represent Shieldpay at key industry and partner forums and conferences
- Nurture a culture of collaboration on a global basis, working closely with Product, Customer, Finance, Legal, and Compliance teams to close deals and seamlessly onboard new customers at pace
Strategy & Planning
- Develop strategies for each of the teams, setting targets in line with Shieldpay goals and driving teams to deliver on goals
- Create partner-led market expansion plans working with key SPG stakeholders
- Develop a scalable sales and growth plan for UK and new markets
Sales and Partnerships
- Lead all Global partner relationships, sales and expansion opportunities, taking responsibility for delivering on New Revenue targets for Shieldpay.
- Build strong relationships with executives at global Financial Services and technology partners to drive growth and expansion to deliver against shared goals
- Negotiate and close enterprise-level deals, generating significant revenue through the development of executive-level relationships with key prospects
- Develop a strong pipeline of new customers for Shieldpay, direct or via partners/referrals that aligns to the business capabilities and services
What we are looking for in you
- Strong sales leadership experience in the large account space
- Successful history of closing business, and over-achieving quota
- Ability to build extraordinary customer relationships
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Organised, diligent and self-motivated with a team mentality
- Ability to multitask, prioritise and manage time effectively
- Experience of working in a Fintech, payments, or e-commerce startup/scale-up
- Influence and gain buy-in from your team, leadership, partners, customers, and all stakeholders
- Able to thrive in a very rapidly changing environment, work at pace whilst maintaining meticulous standards and attention to detail
Shieldpay is an equal opportunities employer. For SPG building a fair and transparent workforce begins with the recruitment process that does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.